First Time Home Buyers
If you are not educated in the buying process, It can be an overwhelming experience.Hensley's Prairie Path Realtors will walk you through all the steps to buying your first home and explain every detail to you along the way.
What's the cost?
Working with a buyer's agent is FREE! The services of an agent are included in the commission paid by the seller or developer. That means that buyers who use an agent to purchase a home can rest assured they are fully represented throughout the entire real estate transaction.
Have you considered how much money you spend on rent? It is like throwing money away, you aren't building any equity. A home purchase is always a good investment in any market. Talk with a lender to see what type of loan you qualify for. FHA loans only require 3.5% downpayment. We can sugest some quality and trustworthy mortgage experts in the home loan industry to help you through the loan process. Please review our list of preferred partners.
Ready to Purchase?
Are you thinking of purchasing your first home? Congratulations...you've worked hard to get your financial house in order. But Buyer Beware! The next step is to select an experienced Buyer's Agent who will represent YOUR real estate needs exclusively...and not the Seller's needs.
Using a Buyer's Agent can save you $$$, time and hassle! So, take the opportunity to work with a knowledgeable, experienced REALTOR who knows the local areas well, and will help you purchase a home for the best price.
Following are some advantages of having a Buyer's Agent:
1. FREE Service to Buyers. The seller will pay the real estate fees.
2. Complete Representation to the Buyer... not the Seller.
3. Help in finding homes that fit your budget and needs.
4. Buyer's Agents can show any home listed in MLS, FSBO's, new construction (just bring your Buyer's Agent along with you the FIRST time), see yard signs or ads in magazines or news papers, open houses (be sure and take your Buyer's Agent along with you)
5. Buyer's Agents can save you money and reduce the stress of purchasing a home such as:
o Help you find out how much you can afford.
o Assist in getting you pre-approved for a loan which speeds up the buying process.
o Point out potential problems with a home.
o Help you obtain the best price and terms for a home.
o Advise you on loan rates, fees and insurance rates.
o Provide advice on home inspections.
o Buyer's Agents represent YOU the Buyer - exclusively.
Ready to invest in your future?
The first step to building wealth is homeownership. Buying a home is a long term investment.Just contact an agent to get started today. You'll be glad you did! Contact one of our agents today.
First Time Homebuyers $8,000 Tax Credit
A tax credit of up to $8,000 is now available for qualified first-time home buyers purchasing a principal residence on or after January 1, 2009 and before December 1, 2009. Unlike the tax credit enacted in 2008, the new credit does not have to be repaid.
$8,000 Home Buyer Tax Credit at a Glance
• The tax credit is for first-time home buyers only. (To qualify as a "first time home buyer" the purchaser may not have owned a residence during the 3 years prior to the purchase).
• *** The tax credit does not have to be repaid.
• The tax credit is equal to 10 percent of the home€™s purchase price up to a maximum of $8,000.
• The credit is available for homes purchased on or after January 1, 2009 and before December 1, 2009.
• Single taxpayers with incomes up to $75,000 and married couples with incomes up to $150,000 qualify for the full tax credit.